Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Can We Take a Brief Pause in the Steps and Discuss Something?

Break from the steps number 1.

Sorry to have to post something that isn't a step to being me because I know that's what you are all looking for (and by all I mean Natalie and myself- the only people who read this). But here is my problem. I just don't think anyone is trying hard enough. I am putting all of this work into this blog to teach the world how to be me, a civilized human being, and people are just not listening. Today I said hello to a person in the hall at school because they were making eye contact with me the whole time they were walking. So, to try to make the situation less awkwar, I said hello when we passed each other. They said nothing. Zero. Kept walking. You can't just stare at me and then snub me. It doesn't work that way!

Also, tonight at work someone grabbed my arm. Yep. You read me right. Grabbed. I came over with a tray to box up this man's food and he grabbed my arm as I went to box his food and said loudly that he wanted to do it. It was odd. And it freaked me out big time. I told the man that I didn't think he was allowed to touch me, but he ignored that. And just shoveled his fried rice into his take out box.

The point is: Is anyone reading this? Earth to earth! Read my blog and learn a thing or two. The world would be better off if everyone could act like me and not snub people they are staring at or grab people's arms who are trying to help them. I need people to try a little harder. I need people to make more of an effort to be me. I'm just not seeing the effort.

1 comment:

  1. Grabbed your arm!? That...is really creepy and strange. I imagined a grotesquely fat man with duck sauce around his mouth and sesame seeds in his teeth. He was from Kentucky in my mind too. With overalls and cow poop on his shoes. Gross. What was he even doing in your restaurant in the first place?

    I'll try harder to be like you.

    ReplyDelete