Sunday, August 1, 2010

Step 37: Love the 90's...and Don't Be Selective

(In response to Sarah Culp's July 28th blog post: "Why?" http://sarahandrobbie.blogspot.com/2010/07/why.html )

You say, "Why?" I say, "Why?" as well. Why have the musical stylings of Sugar Raye flown under the radar for so long? This summer I have been treated to sweet sound of Sugar Raye by radio DJ's across the country.

Reasons why Sugar Raye rules:
1. Mark McGrath has frosted tips.
2. Mark McGrath has rockin' facial hair.
3. The entire group has bangin' dance moves.
4. Mark McGrath has "McGrath" tattooed across his back in Gothic lettering.
5. All of their songs are catchy and heartfelt and were clearly created by real musical geniuses.

Reasons why Sarah drools:
1. She hates Sugar Raye. Fool!
2. Her brain is mud.
3. She is obsessed with baby strollers like some weird baby snatcher lady.
4. She can't ride roller coasters, fly on planes, or eat lunch meat because she is pregnant.

I am proud to say that this summer was the best summer of my life largely due to the fact that Sugar Raye songs were so abundant on the radio.

I am proud to say that I gave this youtube video another well-deserved hit. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. well, i must be WELL on my way to being like liz, because i LOVE the 90s. you know its true. and i love you, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You fart! Whatever, I stand by my opinion of Sugar Ray . . . I will not be bullied into bad 90's music. Let's remember the good times: Soul Asylum, metallic lip stick (yes, Jo) and the end of overalls . . . leave Sugar Ray where they belong- in 1998

    (PS I accidently wrote this comment signed in under Liz at first, sorry)

    ReplyDelete