Friday, January 8, 2010

Step 26: Appreciate the Good Works of Others

After a long day of school and work, I often like to kick back and relax by watching a half hour or so of whatever is on TV. Generally this would include whatever trashy reality show or countdown that is VH1, the Real World or something of the likes on MTV, E! True Hollywood Stories, or some version of Law and Order on USA or TNT.

Beginning fall of 2009, a new show was added to the normal relaxation line-up: Extreme Home Makeover on CMT. It started small for me; I only wanted to see the end of the show when they would "MOVE THAT BUS!" so that I could see the final result. Then I began to want to know more about the family's dire situation. By November it was my go-to show, and I was pissed if I missed the beginning therefore missing the entire family story. And every time, without fail, I cry a few small tears when the family first sees their brand new house. Whether I truly am touched for the family or I feel short changed because no one built a free house for me, I am not sure, but either way, it's an emotional moment for me.

So turn off your VH1 countdown, your Real World, your E! True Hollywood Stories, and start to appreciate the good works of others. Watch Extreme Home Makeover on CMT.

No comments:

Post a Comment