Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Step 51: How to Eat Fake Italian Food

I was dragged to Macaroni Grill today by my friend Derek. I did NOT want to go. Derek and I both worked at the Mac Grill several years ago and are all to aware of their cooking methods to be eating there. I use the term "cooking methods" very loosely here. No one actually "cooks" in a classical sense at Mac Grill; it is more of a glorified microwaving service. The food is all frozen, packaged, and delivered to each store to be reheated and served. Boiling the pasta is the closest thing they do to cooking and even that is done sometimes days before serving. Needless to say, we knew what we were getting into.

 However, I was unprepared for the lies (that's right. you heard me. LIES.) that were so ridiculously printed across the menu.


This menu that has been updated since my days as a proud Macaroni Grill hostess advertises "Had Crafted Pasta" and in the bottom center "Fresh Pasta."  The pasta was mushy and nothing about it was hand crafted.  Those noodles had nothing on Barilla.  Maybe I've been watching too much Kitchen Nightmares, but I feel this is a flawed system, Mr. Ramano!  What would Chef Ramsay say?!


1 comment:

  1. I have a secret love for Mac Grill - mostly for the bread. But now I feel like I can "never go back" (like All Dogs Go to Heaven). It's not like this is new information to me, either. You've told me multiple times of the non-cooking faux paws happening there... but it just seemed more real this time! Gross. I think we all know what Gordon Ramsay would say!

    ReplyDelete