Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Step 44: My Life, The Ben Folds Musical

It's no secret that I am a huge Ben Folds/Ben Folds Five fan, have been since I was a kid. My sisters are pretty big fans as well, and we always marvel at his vast array of discography. A while back, it was mentioned amongst us that a musical of anyone's life could be made with only Ben Folds or Ben Folds Five music. On my flight from Salt Lake to Pittsburgh this Christmas, I decided to use my spare time to write my very own Ben Folds musical of my life. I decided which songs would go for which year of my life. Here it is:

1 -5 years old: Gracie and Philosophy and For All the Pretty People
6 - 10 years old: Kate and She Don't Use Jelly and Bastard
11 years old: Jane
12 years old: Alice Childress
13 years old: Air
14 years old: Underground
15 years old: Best Imitation of Myself and Rockin' the Suburbs
16 years old: Not the Same
17 years old: Julianne and Song for the Dumped

Intermission: Mitchell Lane and Steven's Last Night in Town and Fred Jones Pt 2 and Magic

18 years old: Your Redneck Past and Army
19 years old: Wandering and Jackson Cannery
20 years old: Zak and Sara and Still Fighting It
21 years old: Landed and Regrets
22 years old: Annie Waits and Don't Change Your Plans and Evaporated
23 years old: Late and Video

....choreography to follow.

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to click "like" but this isn't facebook. Love Ben Folds, and you're a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, did I ever tell you about the original Ben Folds musical I "wrote"? I was at the beach by myself for a day or two and was trapped without a car. A masterpiece Ben Folds musical is what resulted. Basically the premiss is a young songwriter who leavers his small town and high school girl friend for hollywood - only to come back once he has made it big. All using Ben Fold songs.

    Yes, I'm crazy . . . and a little weird - so shoot me.

    ReplyDelete